Print this page

A Colorado Springs Law Firm Can Help You Modify Custody and Child Support

Tuesday, 15 March 2011

blog-logoJust when you think your days in Colorado family court are over, a post-decree issue comes up and pulls you right back in there.  Unfortunately, many divorce-weary individuals decide to represent themselves in these isolated post-divorce hearings, but this is not always a good idea.  There may be some instances where self-representation makes sense, but if you and your ex are not on the best terms, you should consult with a Colorado Springs law firm.

A Colorado Springs family law attorney can protect your interests when an ex-spouse requests a sudden change in custody arrangements.  This can be a touchy situation if your spouse has remarried or is planning to move to another city.  If you object to their proposals, are you sure you can present your arguments in a legally persuasive way?  A Colorado Springs law firm can offer representation that will give you valuable peace of mind.

Child support modifications are a lot more common than custody changes, and you may be able to handle a modification hearing if you and your ex-spouse agree.  However, if you suspect your ex is trying to shirk his or her responsibility, or you think they may be hiding income to reduce their share of support, it would be wise to consult with a Colorado Springs law firm.

Post-decree issues in a divorce can be just as mean-spirited and ugly as any other type of divorce hearing you’ve had in the past.  If you stand to lose some of your custodial rights or you are worried about a reduction in child support, contact a Colorado Springs law firm, such as the Marrison Family Law LLC.  Find out how they can present your side of the story in the most professional and persuasive way.

Read 4076 times